Monday, November 12, 2007

Fishing for our dinner.

Thoughts of childhood came screaming back to me when we were asked by our friends Mark and Siew to like to go for dinner with them. One catch, you have to fish for your dinner. Okay, this brings back memories. I remember when I was once a young lass, and my brother would take me to Mt Pleasant fish hatchery to go fishing with him. I attempted to put the worm on my hook, and from that day forward I decided, I would leave the fishing to my brother and only go with him when he wanted company.

I digress, we head out with with Mark and family to go fishing to for our dinner. We arrive at the restaurant, and were directed to the two pools where you would then get a fishing pole, and something that resembles a chicken heart to place on your hook. We were fishing for prawns .The beauty of this place, was that the gals would bait your hook and then you just placed your rod in the water waiting for the prawns to bite.

We didn't have to wait long and before you knew it, Mark and I had 11 between us. The rest of the group also did well and we ended up 20 prawns for dinner. It was a great way to spend an hour, chatting with friends over a cold beer. The beauty of it, was that the gals would remove the prawns for you. The dinner was excellent, and we will certainly do this again.


We know where we are taking Willy when he comes to visit.

2 comments:

Aiglee said...

SO COOL Tina!!! Looks like so much fun xD I looooove the idea since I used to go fishing with my dad a lot ^^

Now my husband is terrified of that idea xD He says he would starve :p and he wants to know if you can eat something while your are fishing your dinner ^^

Mark said...

It really is a great setup, they have a full menu that you can choose from in addition to the prawns that you catch. But anyone can fish becasue the girls that work there do all the real work of putting the meat on the hooks and taking the prawns off. All you do is sit, drink beer, talk, and pull the prawns out of the water and swing them over to the helpers...