Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve/Day


Sorry for the delay in keeping up with the blog, but it's been a little hectic since we arrived home for the holidays.

Since it will be a months or longer before we see each other, it was nice that we were able to spend some time together.

We had the traditional Schmidt family, where a great Christmas Eve dinner was held followed by singing, picture taking, and gift exchanges. Christel worked hard over the past days putting the dinner together, to have it all digested in about 45 minutes. As for our singing, well let's just say that the Von Trapp family we aren't.

Christmas day,my brother and his wife, put on a very tasty meal and by request made my favorite food, kazespaetzel. It' s a southern German dish my mother used to make and I put my request in about 2 months ago. Of course he had little elves to help him. Thanks, Brenda, Willy, Karen and Jennifer and yes, the rest of it, followed me from Brantford, to Boston, to Chicago and hoping it will survive the China flight.

As always when visiting family and friends it goes by quickly, but the great memories will keep me going until we see each other again.

No comments: