Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Guest Blog # 3

Hi again from Xiamen..... I had such a good time blogging yesterday that I thought I would try it again. We ended yesterday's blog with a tour of the market... Later in the day Tina and Mark made us catch our dinner! Well you can imagine my angst when they told us we were going fishing- particularly given I'm from the city.

What I didn't know is that we were going shrimping! Can you believe that you catch shrimp with a fishing pole*&#@ It was sooooo much fun... Look how big the shrimp's wing span is... Reminds me of Shaquille O'Neil... It actually scared me to get near those things.

So the deal is you eat for free what you catch in an hour... We caught about 14 shrimps.. Not that I'm competitive but I caught the most with 5.... :) Sorry Art!


Tina was an expert at this process. Look how calm, cool, and collect she is with the shrimp... She makes all her guests do this I understand....

So the way it works is that you sit down by the shrimp pools with a beer, the help baits the hook, and come back to take the shrimp off the line for you. Finally they cook your catch for you...

Good thing-cause I would have never touched them... the funny thing is the lemon chicken we had with our shrimp dinner was the best I have ever tasted- who would have thought we would have had chicken in China...

So what do you do after you go shrimping- drink of course at one of Tina and Marks favorite bar.... The bar was as big as your kitchen and seated 8 people. Just like the bars in Chicago....

We ended the day doing it "Our Way!" Till tomorrow..... Judy

No comments: