Wednesday, November 5, 2008

奥巴马

Well, I guess that pretty much clearly settles that doesn't it?

It's nice to have an election again where there is a very clear winner.
I was kind of checking the election tally on the web today at work, and I walked away from it when the tally was something like 205 for Obama and 110 for McCain. It wasn't too long before I started hearing "奥巴马" from people here at work. Almost everyone here was talking, or merely informing everyone that a winner had been decided, and so people were going desk to desk and between work areas just saying "奥巴马", which I hope you can guess is the Chinese for Obama - actually pronounced Ao Ba Ma. At least he has a name that I can understand when it's translated - some are near to impossible to decipher.

So, that's how I knew - from listening to the Chinese I work with run around and excitedly share the news.

From the other blogs that we read and what the media seems to be reporting, it seems that a lot of people in the world are happy with how this election turned out. There's a lot that needs to be done to straighten this new global economy out, but getting everyone in the world excited that the US is making a step in the right direction is definitely just that - a step in the right direction.

No comments: