Saturday, August 8, 2009

Taxi....

The other day, whilst I was over in Jimei, I went out to lunch with a friend. She was a 10 minute cab ride away, but where I work there are always taxis floating around and it was no problem to get over to the other side of town. However, once we left there were no taxis around at all and I did need to get back to work - there were the standard guy's on motorcycle guys driving around looking to pick anyone up for a few kuai. I've taken one before near work, but don't really trust them and wouldn't want to take them for as long of a trip as this one, so I was a little shocked when she just waved one of them down...

"Go and get a taxi, I'll give you 1 kuai." she told him and off he went. A few minutes passed and he came back with a taxi following him, ingenious really. And all for 1 kaui, which is about 0.15 USD.

No comments: