Thursday, December 17, 2009

Farewell dinner...

Now that our movers came to gather all of our belongings, my cooking days have come to an end in China, however, my cleaning duties continue....

Yesterday, since I cleaned underneath the beds, dusted, mopped floors, and did laundry it was nice that we were taken out for dinner.

My taiji teacher, Yang and his family invited us out for a farewell dinner. The choice was Xinjiang restaurant, and one Mark and I have not been to, so it was nice to try something different before leaving Xiamen. The food was excellent. We had beef skewers, spicy chicken with potatoes, meatballs with broccoli, cantaloupe with celery, soup, lamb, beef and bread. Typical Chinese fashion, there was way too much food but it was delicious.

It was great meeting Yang's wife and their 2 year old son and a good time was had by all.
I will miss my classes with Yang, but if we ever come back, I am hopeful that I will be able to get in a lesson or two.

No comments: