Thursday, December 20, 2007

A moment of reflection.

How things have changed.

This morning we departed Xiamen to head home and spend the holidays with family and friends. As I left Xiamen, I was reflecting how life has changed for us.

About 4 months ago, we left Chicago to live in China for a new adventure. Mark is now experiencing the cultural differences in his professional life and I, as the Hong Kong representative so eloquently put it, “you’re either a housewife or student, you can’t be both. I explained that I was a student and a housewife, but she wasn’t buying it, and put me down as only a “housewife”. Mark still laughs.

It’s amazing to me, how life changes. Both Mark and I were raised in small towns/villages and here we are years later, living across the world. Mark attempting to understand how the Chinese work, sometimes a bit confused, and I’m going back to school to learn Chinese and taking Tai Chi, while being a housewife.

So now we are sitting at the airport in Shangai, having spent the last three hours transferring from the Shanghai domestic airport to their international airport, and getting through customs and inspection. We will be flying soon to see our families again, and would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

Ah, life is fun!!

1 comment:

Aiglee said...

Life is about changing, so you are living ^^

Merry Christmas!