Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We have greatness amongst the students

Today at class we learned that our teacher, Chen Laoshi will be flying to Shanghai on Thursday regarding her book that she wrote. She had written a book in Chinese explaining the history of their written language and helps us understand the meaning of the characters. She is flying up to do the last minute revisions before the book is published.

We are all very excited for her, and hope that her book will be published before we leave China so that we will be able to purchase the book, even though it will be written in Chinese.

If I'm lucky I may be able to make out a paragraph or two. It's great to know that if I am going to learn the language, I will have been taught by someone who is a subject matter expert.

Between that and my Tai Chi Master, I feel like I'm getting an authentic Chinese experience.

再见...

1 comment:

Lisa Wilson said...

Can't wait to hear more about your authentic Chinese experience when you are back in the states. I think you are leaving about now or in a few hours. Have a great holiday with your families!! I look forward to seeing you when you hit Chicago!!!