Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pet or Dinner?

This afternoon as I was going to Taijiquan, when I came upon a few students standing around and a young gal screaming as she was running. As I approached the crowd I saw a man kicking something. I looked down and it was a snake. Yup, at least 4 feet, or so it seemed to me. Naturally I took my camera out trying to get some pictures, but made sure I was far enough to give this thing a wide berth.
Don't think it was his pet, but he picked it up and whipped it around like it was his, and then he placed it on the ground and continued tormenting this snake while women were trying to run around it.

First I was shocked to see the snake and then I remembered where I was living, and seeing snakes at the market and at restaurants. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Personally I prefer the snakes to be behind a glass in a zoo.

No comments: