Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another food post....

Now that Tina's getting cooking lessons from Siew Hong, it's a wonderful happy place here. It seems that we always have extra food in the house, and good food not the kind of stuff that I used to cook up...

Last Sunday Tina decided that she would do some of her homework and cook up some noodles so that if things went horribly wrong she could get help in her class the next day. Nothing went wrong and we enjoyed an excellent vegetarian noodle dish.

Monday was class so when I arrived home we got to try the food that Hong showed Tina how to cook. As she mentioned in our last post - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tuesday was even more great food, first a chicken and mushroom dish and after we devoured that we moved onto finishing up the spicy pork and vegetable dish. Ahhh.....

Last night, Wednesday, I get a text while on the bus coming home letting me know that Tina is over at Temptations with Hong going over Tina's cooking notes. Ok, that's actually good timing as this happens to be a Wednesday night where I don't have a conference call, so I go straight over to Temptations instead of heading home.

Tina and Hong are about a third of the way into a bottle of good wine and deep into food discussions. Actually they could have been talking about anything, all I was paying attention to was setting down my computer and picking up a glass of wine and relaxing with them. At some point Tina and I were going to go out to dinner, but Hong convinced us to order in from a local restaurant that they really like.

So, last night we sat over at our second home and enjoyed some really, really spicy fish, some squid and beef barbecued on sticks, sweet and sour octopus, and some fried rice.

Tonight Tina's cooking up one of her old western standbys - pasta in a homemade meat sauce. Mmmm, good food...

5 comments:

heather said...

Whoohoo! So Tina, on Jan 1st, how about a cooking class of that veggie noodle dish? We'll supply all the cooking wine you could ever want.

Tina said...

I know have two vegetarian dishes in my repertoire, that I can share with you.

That sounds very tempting...Let's see how we feel on the 1st..

Mark said...

You'll supply all the cooking wine that we want?

No deal, you need to supply all the drinking wine that we could ever want - then we will gladly share all the amazing foods that Tina has learned...

heather said...

Haha. Damn, you know me too well....

Ok, all the drinking wine. And if the 1st doesn't work, I'll gladly move it to the 2nd. Need to take that day off anyways.

So, we have a wok, you'll just need to get me a yummy ingredient list. Now that we live in little mexico, there's a surprising number of farmers markets around us all with very fresh fruits and veggies.

Looking forward to learning some authentic Chinese dishes! Oh, yea, leave the cups at home.

Tina said...

You do realize this is all contingent on how we are all feeling on the Jan. 01 right?

I will send you the list of ingredients..Oh and by the way, according to Chef Hong, it's Malaysian Chinese food..

Tastes the same to me!