Monday, January 19, 2009

The fun begins...

After three weeks of fun, and living out of suitcases, it's great to be back in China, settling into a routine again.

It was nice to have left the day before the Arctic weather descended upon us, however, this will be short lived. This weekend we are about to enter our winter here in Xiamen. It's going to go down to 9 Celsius, and before everyone starts on the bandwagon of making fun of us about the temperatures, just remember this. It's the same temperature inside out apartment.

Since last year the only time I was warm was either in the shower (short-lived, after all there is only so much hot water) or in bed (after I sent Mark and my heated rice sock in to warm my side), I decided this year, the hunt for the warm slipper would be my priority when we were in Chicago. I didn't want to spend the crazy prices of Uggs, so I went for the next best thing...

..that's right, a pair of sheepskin winter boots. I figure if they are good enough for the frigid Chicago winters, they will be good enough for our apartment. The beauty of this, is that they will double as winter boots once we move back home.

The big test will come this weekend....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice boots Tina! Where'd you get them? Hope they keep you warm!

-Em