Thursday, November 15, 2007

My week is over....

Today we received the results of our exams. They don't waste a lot of time, do they? We were told that the mid term exams made up 1/3 of our total grade, with the rest coming from attendance and the majority of the grade was going to be from the final exams. That's something to look forward to.

First was the Listening Chinese class. Before our teacher handed back our papers, one of our classmates brought in two carrot cakes that he had made earlier in the day. Nicoli wanted to celebrate the conclusion of the mid-terms. About 1/2 of our class was in attendance. At the end of our class, our teacher advised that tomorrow's classes would be cancelled, due to our luncheon. I suspect that the carrot cakes had something to do with it.

The next class was Foundation Chinese. I was a little bit more optimistic that I would pass Chen Laoshi's class, but not by much. After handing out our papers, we reviewed the exam, and then she taught us a famous Chinese children's song. It's actually sung to Frere Jacque. According to our teacher, anyone late, or has their phone on, moving forward must sing this in class to their fellow students.

It goes as follows:

Liang zhi lao hu
Liang zhi lao hu
Pao de kuai, pao de kuai
yi zhi mei you, yanging
yi zhi mei you weiba
zhen qi guai, zhen qi guai

Translation:
Two tigers
Two tigers
run so fast, run so fast
one has no eyes
one has no tail
it's so weird, it's so weird.

Oh, and as for my marks, Listening 74%, and Foundation Class, 90%.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Well done Tina! You make us proud :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a B average to me and I'd be celebrating... I've not read the next entry though so perhaps you're way ahead of me...