Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pilates and Taijiquan

It's hard to believe that less than a month we will be leaving our adopted home to move back to the U.S. Though first we decided to get one more trip in before heading back.

During the past couple of months, knowing that we are returning I wanted to continue with some sort of a routine, basically to help with the insanity that will ensue.

I've been taking Stott Pilates for the past month, and love it. Katz, my trainer is wonderful, not only does she like to see you in pain, she loses count quite often. As much as I give her grief, she knows her stuff, she's patient, speaks three languages, and is very creative with your workouts. She is very good explaining what moves will they do to help your body.

If you are ever in the area, would love a good workout while improving your balance and posture, drop her an email. I'm sure she will be more than happy to help you.

Kat'z email -




On another note, I have finally finished my taichi routine (Chen style), that only took two years, and though I'm continuing to improve on this, Yang, my teacher has decided that I should learn the sword before moving back. We're half way through learning this and hoping that I will be able to finish the routine before heading back.

Like Katz, if you are in Xiamen and would love to learn taichi, I would definitely recommend Yang as he has been studying taijiquan for over 20 years, and knows Chen, Yang, and Sword style routines.

What I love about learning taijiquan is the theory as well as the routines, and he knows his stuff. I also get a history and cultural lesson on China and the people of China.

Yang's email- yangaimin26@hotmail.com

No comments: